Not sure where to start as there was so much going on over the two weeks!
We were extremely fortunate to receive funding from The Warren Meadows Trust which enabled us to have two days of outdoor learning which included archery, zorbing, bushcraft and hoverboarding. The children were wowed by these activities and thoroughly enjoyed taking part (even the ones that thought they could not do it!).
A couple of new activities, gymnastics and circus skills gave the children the opportunity to try new things and then there was dance, jaws n claws, play with clay, sports coaches and a competition on the last day.
We also had Michelle, a volunteer who came in most days with inspiring art ideas. She provided the materials and worked with the children to complete some lovely pieces of art including journals, a stained glass lamp and a painting on a canvas.
We were very lucky with the weather which meant that we could spend lots of time outside too playing duck, duck, goose, parachute games and of course playing everyone’s favourite, the tree game!
- The children have enjoyed all the activities and it has been very beneficial.
- Zorbing was her favourite activity. Without the holiday club there is very little childcare available. It gives her a chance to take part in activities we cannot offer her at home.
- They enjoyed all the activities it is great that they are able to be children. A massive well done to all the staff that gave up their time.
- Dance with Nicole was their favourite activity. It is good that they get to socialise with other children.
- It has been her first time at holiday club. She has really enjoyed all the art and craft activities. It has been really beneficial to me as a working single mum. Thank you for giving her the opportunity to attend.
- The children’s favourite was the hoverboards and zorbing. My children have been active and having fun every single day!
- She has loved every minute of it! Her favourite activities have been zorbing, treasure hunt, painting, dancing and the circus skills. She has become more social. Thank you very much.
- The children always enjoy the time spent at the holiday club. Their favourite things have been sports activities, arts and crafts and colouring puzzles. It has helped them to build social skills, develop emotional resilience, developing communication skills and making friends. A massive thankyou to all the staff for your hard work.
- Both boys loved it. Their favourite was the hoverboarding and archery. I am extremely grateful to EHAS. They grow in confidence, make new friends and try new experiences. Thank you very much!